Last breakfast on the goat farm. Baby K has adored these mornings out, gobbling up the farm fresh eats and greeting the goats like old friends, practically high five-ing them when walking into the barn. Next week starts the farmers market!
Please Touch Museum in Philly, Good Friday 2013. (This place is all sorts of amazing. CAN NOT wait to go back! And seeing my girl sipping on fake-Ritas water ice while driving a fake Septa bus = true Philly love).
* I don’t even know where I left off but geez - I feel like baby K is growing up more and more every day. She’s an actual person with the funniest sense of humor and such a bright and shiny soul. Does every parent think that their kid has the brightest sparkle? Is it normal to worry if baby #2 even has a chance?
*Obsessed with her family. Most recently spent Easter in Philly and this past weekend in Detroit meeting her new cousin Sonya. Her aunt/baba/cousins crack her up like no one else does. It’s like she automatically knows that these people are with us and are therefore the funniest. Now that we’re home she’s back to calling up teta and baba on her celly.
* Central Illinois has had the wackiest weather - 40 one day, 80 the next but oh man, the days in the sun have been amazing. And have led to this toddler running to the door any chance she can get hoping to get to the park or out for a water-table or chalk drawing session. Needless to say she’s not appreciative of rain and/or cold temps and obviously thinks mama has the power to turn these things around. Enter wrath of baby K.
*Serious monkey see monkey do around here. SUCH a sponge picking up on everything! She’s not talking too too much (maybe 10-20 words?) since we’re confusing her with being a bilingual baby but she seriously understands everything.
* Still a total peanut - 22lbs, size 3 diaper, 18-24 month clothes although depending on brand we have to roll her pants or sleeves. Her feet are really the smallest size 3..like a 6 month old should have. haha. Kinda psyched for her to finally get to size 4 since that seems to be the threshold.
* Favorite foods = hummus, yogurt, ALL cheese, scrambled eggs, blueberries, Earth’s Best Sunny days snack bars (she goes around asking for a BAAAAA (shout out to her parents Boston love)), veggie puree pouches, meatballs, pierogies and veggie burgers. Yesterday she freaked out because I didn’t realize that she wanted to eat fistfulls of feta cheese right out of the container. Duh mama. And although I cringe over it since I’ve vowed to never have those kids that only eat mac and cheese, she loves the stuff. Mostly Panera’s really. Whenever we’re travelling she will gobble up the entire kids portion along with baguette and yogurt tube. Girl throws it down.
* LOVES baby dolls and real babies. Upon meeting our brand new baby niece and friend Emma, she kissed them on their heads. When I ask her where the baby is she lifts up my shirt and puts her head on my belly and kisses it. Although she really has no idea that her world is about to be rocked in 10 weeks, I’m quite certain that she’ll be such a great little helper and will always be my baby. Also takes her babysitting very seriously. Spreading out blankets for her babies and hugging up to 5 at a time.
* On the helper front, she’s too funny. Loves to throw things out and wipe.
* Favorite things in life = her pacifiers and two fluffy teddy bears. SO much joy.
April 6th breakfast at Prairie Fruits Farm in Urbana. Sorta lovin our Saturday mornings at the farm. The baby goats are insanely cute and baby K is obssessed with them - gets so excited about every single one. Plus the breakfast is total locavore yuppie yumminess. And hello biscuits and gravy.
Oh hello internets. I’ve been MIA being a preggo workin mama of a toddler. That’s all. Oh-and spent spring break in Turks and Caicos which was relaxing amazingness. We stayed at the Regent Palms which was total crazy indulgence. We spent the mornings at the beach and afternoons napping, sipping frozen beverages at the swim up bar and poolin it up. Baby K loved the lizards, virgin cocktails, playing in the pool and running around the resort grounds. Sun and time with baby K - just what we all needed.
baby’s first smorgasburg. baby’s first trip to the guggenheim (picasso exhibit) + central park zoo. walked all the way home from ramen dinner along smith street (lots of walking for little legs). mimicked my enthusiastic hand gestures at fish camp dinner (hilarious…and time to watch the cursing around baby). for four-ish days baby k (and her parents) filled our home with pure joy.